We read this book recenty and found it helpful to manage in a 'sane" fashion all the things we have to do everyday.
- why our brains feel so taxed, and how to maximize our mental resources
- why it's so hard to focus, and how to better manage distractions
- how to maximize your chance of finding insights that can solve seemingly insurmountable problems
- how to keep your cool in any situation, so that you can make the best decisions possible
- how to collaborate more effectively with others
The book outlines cases studies about a couple called Emily and Paul: The parents of two young children, Emily is the newly promoted VP of Marketing at a large corporation while Paul works from home or from clients' offices as an independent IT consultant. Their lives, like all of ours, are filled with a bewildering blizzard of emails, phone calls, meetings, projects, proposals, and plans.
There are many things to understand about your own behaviour while you learn strategies to become more effective and less overwhelmed.http://www.your-brain-at-work.com/